DER Administrative Director Position
This is an independent contract position, reporting to the President and paying $35/hour for up to 25 hours each month. Additional monthly hours may be approved by the President as needed.
As the sole paid staff member of Development Executives Roundtable (DER), the Administrator is responsible for providing administrative support to the board of directors and managing the day-to-day functioning of the organization’s operations, which include a WordPress website, Neon CRM, event promotion and registration, member communications and customer service.
Founded in 1965 by fundraising leader, teacher and thinker Hank Rosso, DER is an all-volunteer nonprofit that provides high quality, accessible and affordable fundraising programs and networking opportunities to the local community of San Francisco Bay Area fundraising professionals. Learn more at dersf.org. The DER board functions “virtually”, with no physical office location. All mail is forwarded to DER’s business services firm, Ryan-Boer Business Solutions in Danville, CA. Monthly board meetings are held in downtown San Francisco. Program events are held at various locations in the Bay Area, primarily San Francisco and Oakland.
DER hosts approximately eleven paid luncheon events each year, and from three to five roundtable or workshop events. The organization also co-hosts the Hank Rosso Forum every other year in October, in conjunction with Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Golden Gate chapter. The DER Board meets about six times each year.
- Manage the Neon CRM, including event registration and reporting, member communications, membership transactions, reporting, and troubleshooting system errors.
- Collect key financial, program, membership and marketing data needed to update the bi-monthly DER Dashboard.
- Assist committee chairs to generate reports in Neon CRM as needed.
- Upload all administration documents to the DER Dropbox folder and assist board members in keeping folders well-organized.
- Support the Governance Chair in collecting and storing board member agreements and other documentation.
- Maintain and update DER passwords in CommonKey or an alternative secure site, and share key passwords with board members as needed.
- Send DER program information to partner organizations.
- Support board by ordering food. Attend (in person or by telephone) and take minutes in the event the Secretary is unable to do so.
- Submit financial transaction records to Ryan-Boer Solutions, DER’s bookkeeping firm.
- Document all processes and maintain an administrative manual that allows board members to take over key tasks as needed during the Director’s absence.
- Check in with the President regularly to prioritize tasks, manage workload, and arrange for extra hours as necessary.
- Make updates to DER website pages, including board member listings, program and event pages, to ensure the site is current at all times.
- Coordinate with the DER newsletter volunteer to produce the monthly newsletter and e-blasts and reminders that are sent between newsletters.
- Post and update DER and event information on DER’s Facebook page.
- Manage the collection of free and paid job postings through Neon and format them for the newsletter and website.
- Provide customer service to DER members and participants by telephone and email; troubleshoot issues with membership and renewals, event registration, or any other aspect of DER participation.
- Manage meal ordering for the monthly luncheons.
- Submit event descriptions for CFRE review and submit member applications for credit once their attendance is confirmed.
- Prepare sign-in sheets, flyers and other documents for all DER events. Coordinate and share materials with board members who host events themselves in the Director’s absence.
- Create event evaluation surveys in SurveyMonkey and share the link with all event attendees during the event if possible, or by end of day at the latest, to ensure a good response.
- Attend all co-hosted DER events and select individual events (including the Rosso Forum every other year) to display the DER banner and assist with setup, check-in, and resolve any payment issues. Collect and deposit checks to DER’s Wells Fargo checking account.
- When not attending a DER event, coordinate with board members to ensure they have the materials and equipment needed to set up, check in participants, collect payments and troubleshoot issues. Follow up with board hosts after the event to obtain checks or cash collected at events, then deposit to checking.
The successful Administrator candidate will possess the following qualities, skills and experience:
- Organized, detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed, able to work without close supervision
- Customer service orientation
- Experience in managing CRM’s or other relational databases
- Problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Experience managing WordPress or similar content management system
- Knowledge of nonprofit organizations or associations is preferred
Equipment & Tools Used
The Administrator is required to provide their own computer, telephone and Internet service.
Online tools used will include:
- Neon CRM
- WordPress CRM
- G-Suite (Gmail, Drive)
- Google Hangouts
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Survey Monkey
Administrator is expected to periodically travel to program or board events within the San Francisco Bay Area, and will be reimbursed for parking and reasonable travel expenses (with prior approval), but not for travel time.
Administrator will be reimbursed for the cost of printing and copying, and for other DER-related expenses (with prior approval.)
Send a cover letter and resume to DER Secretary Michael Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, May 15, 2019.