This is an independent contract position, reporting to the Board President and paying $45/hour for up to 25 hours a month (additional monthly hours may be approved as needed). The contractor must live in the greater San Francisco Bay Area.
As the sole paid staff member of Development Executives Roundtable (DER), the Administrator is responsible for providing administrative support to the board of directors and managing the day-to-day functioning of the organization’s operations, which include a WordPress website, Neon CRM, event promotion and registration, member communications, and customer service.
Founded in 1965 by fundraising leader, teacher and thinker Hank Rosso, DER is an all-volunteer nonprofit that provides high quality, accessible and affordable fundraising programs and networking opportunities to the local community of San Francisco Bay Area fundraising professionals. Learn more at dersf.org. The DER board functions “virtually”, with no physical office location. Bi-monthly board meetings are held in downtown San Francisco. Program events are held at various locations in the Bay Area, primarily San Francisco and Oakland. DER hosts approximately eleven paid luncheon events each year, three to five roundtable or workshop events and a bi-annual forum in conjunction with Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Golden Gate chapter.
- Manage the Neon CRM, WordPress website and Constant Contact and ensure that constituent and event data in Neon, WordPress and Constant Contact databases is complete and accurate.
- Facilitate membership, event registration and job post transactions online and in person, and solve issues promptly as they arise.
- Maintain positive, supportive relationships with DER members.
Communications & Event Operations
- Maintain DER’s WordPress website and Facebook page, and coordinate with the Marketing Chair and DER newsletter volunteer to produce the newsletter monthly, and e-blasts and reminders as needed.
- Support DER events by placing meal orders, managing CFRE credits, preparing sign-in sheets and reports, and collecting evaluation surveys.
- Attend co-hosted DER events as needed to display the DER banner and assist with setup, check-in, payments and deposits.
- Submit financial transaction records to DER’s bookkeeping firm and maintain records in DER’s Dropbox files.
- Maintain documentation for all administrative processes, assist in onboarding, and train board members to perform key tasks related to their roles.
The successful Administrator candidate will live within the greater San Francisco Bay Area and possess the following qualities, skills and experience:
- Organized, detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed, able to work without close supervision
- Experience in managing WordPress, CRM’s or other relational databases
- Problem-solving skills and customer service orientation
- Knowledge of nonprofit organizations or associations is preferred
Equipment & Tools Used
The Administrator is required to provide their own computer, telephone and Internet service.
Online tools used will include:
- Neon CRM
- WordPress CRM
- G-Suite (Gmail, Drive, Hangouts)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Survey Monkey
Administrator is expected to periodically travel to program or board events within the San Francisco Bay Area, and will be reimbursed for parking and reasonable travel expenses (with prior approval), but not for travel time.
Administrator will be reimbursed for the cost of printing and copying, and for other DER-related expenses (with prior approval.)
Send a cover letter and resume to Christine Rodrigues at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, July 22, 2019.