DER has a great opportunity to join our Board of Directors. If you’d like to give back to the fundraising community, hone new skills and get board experience, and/or work with a dedicated and fun group of professionals, please consider applying for this position.
Please contact Melissa Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your resume or to get more information.
Summary: Focuses on recruitment and retention strategies for DER members. Strategies may include planning socials, member benefits, partnering with industry organizations such as AFP Golden Gate, volunteer engagement, and general outreach. The Membership Chair will serve with the Marketing Chair and work collaboratively with Marketing to coordinate communications.
- Ensures that membership stays at a sufficient level to meet DER’s mission and financial goals.
- Leads discussion on any changes to DER’s membership pricing, benefits and/or policies.
- Presents membership updates at Executive Committee and Board meetings.
- Schedules, convenes and sets the agenda for Membership Committee meetings.
- Coordinates with external actors to take advantage of opportunities to promote DER membership, e.g. AFP webinars; tabling opportunities, etc.
- Ensures that a DER board member participates in these events.
- Ensures that at least one members-only networking event is held each year.
- Manages CRM and oversees member user experience on the website.
- Co-coordinates the annual survey of DER members and subscribers.