DER delivers innovative and affordable fundraising education and networking events that are specifically designed to meet the needs of today’s development professional.
Whether you are new to the field and want to learn the basics, or are more seasoned and wish to deepen your knowledge and troubleshoot challenges with your peers, DER has something that is right for you.
- Monthly Luncheons – At these individual speaker or panel events you’ll hear from experts in the field and stay up-to-date on the latest industry trends. You’ll also have the opportunity to meet and mingle with your fundraising colleagues and other nonprofit professionals. Luncheons are typically held on second Fridays and lunch is served!
- Roundtables – An expert-guided peer learning and discussion session that affords each individual the opportunity to participate in a small group (25-40 people) setting.
- Masterminds – A mastermind is a small cohort of professionals who meet monthly to confidentially workshop each other’s Unique challenges, compare notes, propose solutions, and support each other.
- Workshops – Groups of various sizes engage in a structured, interactive learning experience where participants leave with a plan or “work product” for implementation.
- Hank Rosso Forum Biennial Event – Every other fall, DER partners with the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Golden Gate Chapter to present the Hank Rosso Forum in honor of DER’s founder and the author of Achieving Excellence in Fundraising. At this half-day event, participants take a deep dive into the opportunities, challenges, and latest trends facing today’s fundraisers. An afternoon of panel discussions and speakers is followed by an intimate networking reception and delicious hors d’oeuvres.The topics covered in our events typically include major gifts, corporate and foundation grants, donor prospecting, appeals and stewardship, measuring impact, working with boards, and more.
We are always looking for speakers who have expertise on a topic or a success or learning experience to share. If you would like to suggest a program idea or volunteer to speak at a DER event, send an email to email@example.com.