Annual Giving Development Associate
Under the direct supervision of the Annual Giving Manager, the Development Associate is responsible for various Development tasks to ensure appeals, e-appeals and other multi-channel fundraising campaigns are coordinated accurately and on schedule. The Development Associate also serves as a donor relations resource for St. Anthony Foundation, corresponding and responding to donors in a professional and timely manner. The Development Associate must demonstrate adherence to established policies and procedures in their performance, exhibiting the defined characteristics associated with attendance and punctuality. This position requires a high level of organization skills and dependability.
- Maintain calendar of scheduled fundraising efforts.
- Help gather information and photo assets for appeal letters, emails, donor updates, and other materials.
- Coordinate with outside vendors, including graphic designer and mail house to execute mailing in a timely manner.
- Help prepare and execute appeals, e-appeals and other seasonal/holiday campaigns.
- Contribute, along with other development staff, to the ongoing development strategic plan.
- Proofread all donor-facing collateral.
- Compose, prepare and manage mailing of special acknowledgement letters (within 5 days of receiving a gift), including personalizing letters as needed.
- Send ongoing stewardship communication to donors, including monthly donors and others as needed. Record all donor stewardship activities in the database.
- Responsible for cultivating/thanking donors who give through workplace giving where their employers give us limited information (often missing addresses, donation amounts, etc.), e.g. CFC/LIC, as well as keeping their database records up to date.
- Respond to donors promptly as needed.
- Entering overflow monetary donations: adding gifts to batches, making sure they’re coded properly, identifying and adding new donor information to their records in the database, and deciding when further action or clarification is needed.
- Data health support: assist with clean up Raiser’s Edge database, working on various database integrity projects, including fixing information in records that affects how they’re segmented (e.g. age and gender) and addressed (addressees, salutations, deceased status, etc.) as well as a variety of other cleanup projects such as consolidating duplicate records.
- Batch and commit incoming gifts (one-time, recurring, pledge, online, stock donations, etc.) Label constituents with proper codes and attributes.
- Research prospects to assess giving capacity and charitable affinity.
- Generate various exports and response analysis reports as needed, such as a monthly “gifts and goals” report and campaign reports.
- Keeping track of incoming general Development invoices, being responsible for making sure we’re being charged the correct amounts, that they’re coded to the correct accounts, and that we aren’t being charged twice for the same service.
- Organizing/cataloging all direct mail sample pieces
- Assist with answering phones
- Assist with in-house mailings
- Assist with general office clean up and organization
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Annual Giving Manager, such as preparation of various mailings, events, and meetings, as well as various other tasks as the need arises.
- Adheres to the guidelines of the SAF Safety Program.
- Complies with SAF’s goals and the SAF Statement of Values.
- College degree desired or demonstrated professional development experience may be substituted.
- Excellent communications skills with pleasant, polite phone manner and good judgment.
- Familiarity with San Francisco social services and with homeless/low-income population.
- Proven track record of excellent follow-through and accountability
- Outstanding organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Flexible and able to meet changing work needs and demands
- Ability to perform data entry in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to accurately communicate SAF’s work and gratitude to our donors.
- Ability to organize and compile data to assist with various projects.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and work with minimal supervision.
- Commitment to SAF Mission and Statement of Values.
- Database management experience desired, preferably working with Raiser’s Edge.
- Competency with Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Highly detailed person with an eye for accuracy is a must.
- An understanding of the development process and the ability to write and communicate articulately.