Chief Operations Officer
The Chief Operations Officer (COO) is a mission-focused, seasoned, strategic, and process-minded leader with experience scaling an organization, leading an executive management team, and developing a performance culture among a group of diverse, talented individuals. The COO must be a leader who is able to help others at ASIAN, Inc. deliver measurable, cost-effective results that make the vision a reality. Importantly, the successful candidate will have the skills, sensitivity, and personal confidence to tap into the power that each member of the team brings to this mission. While it is essential that the COO bring efficient and effective systems to increase the capability of the organization, is it also critical that the team retain the creative spark that drives the ASIAN, Inc. vision and approach.
The COO position reports directly to the President of ASIAN, Inc., and manages a talented team of vefi including the Program Development Officer, Portfolio Manager, Senior Accountant, IT Manager and Human Resources Administrator.
- In collaboration with President and senior staff, develop, implement and effectuate ASIAN, lnc.’s policies, objectives, initiatives, and strategies for ASIAN, ‘s sustainable growth.
- Oversee and maintain financial budgets to ensure that departments are funded adequately and ensure that ASIAN, is in compliance with public, private, and nonprofit funder requirements.
- Work with staff to ensure that all ASIAN, Inc. projects are adequately staffed, sufficiently funded, and are in compliance with any and all grantor, lender and government regulations and requirements.
- Manage staff responsible for expanding media relations for ASIAN, Inc. to the community, to funders, to legislators, to government decision makers, to foundations, and to stakeholders.
- Manage staff responsible for development and execution of all proposals and collaborations; provide guidance on major funding changes or trends.
- Create and oversee staff teams to adopt and adapt virtual and mobile technologies and platforms to expand staff capabilities and programs
- Provide and present operational, financial and program reports to Board and senior staff.
- Working in partnership with the President, create the strategic five-year plan and implement new processes and approaches to achieving it.
- Coordinate the annual operations plan and budget.
- Lead the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals for the organization.
- Provide for all staff a strong day-to-day leadership presence; bridge regional and local operations and support an open-door policy among all staff.
- Directly supervise the Program Development Officer, Portfolio Manager, Senior Accountant, IT Manager and Human Resources Administrator.
- Other duties as assigned.
ASIAN, Inc. is an organization driven by the values of its people, so experience in managing a “values-driven” organization will be highly prized.
- Proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; high level of business acumen including successful P&L management; the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; and problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan
- Ability to effectively build organization and staff capacity, developing a top-notch workforce and the processes that ensure the organization runs smoothly
- Exceptional capacity for managing and leading people; a team builder who has experience in scaling up organizations
- Ability to connect staff both on an individual level and in large groups; capacity to enforce accountability, develop and empower top-notch leaders from the bottom up, lead from the top down, cultivate entrepreneurship, and learn the strengths and weaknesses of the team so as to put people in a position to succeed
- Enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; not afraid to take charge of a situation; can overcome resistance to leadership and take unpopular stands when necessary
- Thorough understanding of finance, systems, and HR; broad experience with the full range of business functions and systems, including strategic development and planning, budgeting, business analysis, finance, information systems, human resources, and marketing
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA or similar advanced degree highly desired
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Excellent presentation/communication skills, ability to engage and motivate colleagues and external parties, exceptional interpersonal skills, strong work ethic with attention to detail involving both qualitative and quantitative data
- High energy and passion for ASIAN, Inc.’s mission
The salary range for this position is $110,000 to $125,000 plus full benefits.
To apply for this position or for additional information on the opportunity, please send a copy of your resume with a cover letter to Victoria Silverman at email@example.com. All applications and inquiries will receive a response and be kept strictly confidential.
ASIAN, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.