Community Development Manager
The Community Development Manager will be responsible for cultivating and soliciting donors, sponsorships,
and event participants; volunteer management including recruitment and training; and directing special
The Community Development Manager reports directly to the Vice President of Field Operations. The position
has no managerial responsibilities currently.
- Maintain the vision and guiding principles of NPF while planning and executing mission related
priority projects at the community level.
- Direct the cultivation and meaningful involvement of volunteers in income producing activities and
the development and acquisition of individual and corporate contributions.
- Develop plans and coordinates volunteers for implementation of fund raising, advocacy and education
- Serves as the staff manager/partner to community volunteers. Identifies, recruits and trains
volunteers for critical leadership positions
- Provide leadership and professional staff support for fundraising programs including organizing
special events, soliciting corporate & foundation support, and major gifts.
- Establish relationships with medical professionals within assigned territory.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Five or more years of experience in non-profit development, management of volunteers, and event
marketing and sales experience
- Professional fundraising or related experience including significant event management, volunteer
development, major gifts and corporate solicitations
- Works well in a fast-paced environment. Highly efficient in time management and can meet deadlines
- Excellent event planning and management skills
- Technology aptitude including Raisers Edge NXT and Greater Giving
- Experienced in recruiting, training and managing volunteers
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexibility to travel frequently
- Preferred experience with web-based fundraising software
SALARY OR SALARY RANGE
The salary range for this position is $82,000 to $86,000 plus full benefits.
To demonstrate our commitment to equity and equal pay for all, Cook Silverman Search will continue to post
salary ranges on all of its job descriptions moving forward. The practice of not posting salaries perpetuates
the gender wage gap and discriminates against people of color by causing individuals to negotiate from a
disadvantaged starting point.
To apply for this position, or for additional information on the opportunity, please send a copy of your resume
with a cover letter to Victoria Silverman at email@example.com.
All applications and inquiries will receive a response and be kept strictly confidential.
National Psoriasis Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.