Deputy Director of Philanthropy
The Philanthropy Team is a small but mighty team at HealthRIGHT 360. Team members work together in a fast paced environment towards the fiscal year goal. We are innovative and always look to try new ideas to inspire philanthropy from the community.
The Deputy Director of Philanthropy is responsible for developing and building positive relationships and implementing communication and stewardship strategies that continuously cultivate relationships with corporate and individual donors. As an integral member of the Philanthropy team, they will research, do outreach, and continually steward and grow our base of sponsors and donors.
- Oversee the development, management and implementation of an innovative and first-class stewardship program to complement the objectives of the overall fundraising goals of the Philanthropy Department.
- Develop and manage a system to prioritize, write, send, and track stewardship reports for restricted gifts and any special stewardship requests.
- Acknowledge all $100+ gifts with personal outreach within 24 hours of receipt.
- Establish, maintain, and manage a portfolio of approximately 150 major donors (individuals and families), and private foundations from identification to cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Make direct, face-to-face solicitations, and assist the board and other staff with their solicitation (e.g. provide portfolio development support, strategic counsel, and help with donor communications).
- In consultation with the VP of Philanthropy and Director of Events, create and supervise implementation of targeted events for prospects and donors. This may include ticketed events, small donor dinners or other formats that will motivate, engage and educate prospects and donors.
- Ensure donor acknowledgement, stewardship and public recognition, as appropriate.
- Provide support in all areas of Development when needed
- Demonstrate and reinforce a collaborative leadership style with staff and colleagues and contribute to a team-oriented culture
- Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including our donor database.
- Supervise junior Development staff.
- Ensure that data related to prospects and donors is recorded and tracked in electronic copy files.
- And, other duties as assigned.
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Graduate Degree preferred
- At least three years combined experience in donor relations, with strong connections to the San Francisco area philanthropic community. Philanthropic connections in Los Angeles area a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including public speaking, meeting facilitation, and presentations
- Ability to research necessary information on prospective donors
- Ability to successfully and effectively represent HealthRIGHT 360 and merged agencies in diverse forums and maintain broad organizational relationships
Knowledge Required: Culturally inclusive and able to work with a diverse population
Desired: Knowledge of California healthcare landscape
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent writing, analytical (close) reading, and critical thinking skills
- Effective research skills
- Professionalism, punctuality, flexibility, and reliability are imperative
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Integrity to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Action oriented
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multitask and juggle multiple priorities
- Outstanding ability to follow through with tasks
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively as part of interdisciplinary team and independently assume responsibility
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm and willingness to pitch in whenever needed
- Able to communicate well at all levels of the organization including working with organization leadership and high-level representatives of partner organizations
- Able to work within a frequently changing project scope while maintaining overall direction and structured priorities
- Ability to successfully and effectively represent HealthRIGHT 360 in diverse forums and maintain broad organizational relationships
- Abraham Rodriguez
- San Francisco, CA