Development Assistant Contracted
The San Mateo County Sheriff’s Activities League Development Assistant is responsible for providing excellent and energetic fundraising support to the development department of the Sheriff’s Activities League. This position reports to the Director of Development and is a 40 hour per week position.
• Assists with development and implementation of development plan and goals.
• Assists with donor identification and solicitation.
• Assists with the Annual Major Gifts Campaign – campaign logistics, recruitment of volunteers, and administrative tasks.
• Development of new funding sources.
• Plans and organizes specific fundraising programs, prospect parties, receptions and events.
• Assist with the all areas of fundraising events; i.e. meetings, sponsors, invites, awards, children’s program, tribute book, ads, collecting silent and live auction items, equipment rental, and administration work related to event.
• Responsible for fundraising marketing materials and develops other supporting materials.
• Researches prospects and categorizes their likely participation in volunteering or fundraising activities.
• Plans, solicits approval, executes and tracks results of a direct mailing campaign for annual gifts.
• Assist with the general database processing and data entry.
• Responsible for developing new grant prospects, meeting with foundation staff, writing and/or working with grant writer to apply for appropriate grants, along with after award management (formal thank you letters and periodic communications, timelines, reports, accounting, etc.)
• Assist with the processing of acknowledge gifts, invoices for pledges, and donor activity.