Join our growing region at American Friends of The Hebrew University (AFHU), a national, not-for-profit organization whose mission is to support Hebrew University of Jerusalem, one of the world’s most distinguished academic and research institutions. Its students, faculty, and alumni have won eight Nobel Prizes, developed treatments for diseases, and ignited innovation that has led to more than 10,750 patents.
About the Opportunity
The Development Coordinator will report to the Executive Director of the Pacific-Northwest Region (PNW) and will be an integral part of the fundraising team. They will work in collaboration with PNW Executive Director on all aspects of fundraising, donor management, and fundraising events. The PNW team supports AFHU’s and Hebrew University’s mission to make possible advancements in fields such as nano-technology, computational medicine, and neuroscience research.
The Development Coordinator roles offers a unique opportunity for a driven professional who is interested in starting a career in a mission driven non-profit organization. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, superb organizational ability, and the ability to analyze and synthesize data to support this growing region’s fundraising efforts and expanded outreach.
• Conducting in-depth research on donors and foundations to assist in the cultivation of new relationships and prepare for meetings and/or presentations
• Supporting all communications coming out of the PNW regional office including marketing materials, direct mail, E newsletters, donor communications, and fundraising initiatives
• Assisting the Executive Director in creating an annual fundraising development plan for each fiscal year
Donor Database Administration
• Performing monthly data quality assessments, analytical database reports, and statistical reports
• Managing database mailing lists
• Updating and maintain donor records in coordination with the AFHU’s national accounting and finance team
• Collaborating directly with AFHU national accounting team to reconcile donations and produce donor statements
• Prepare tribute cards for donors who make tribute donations
Event and Meeting Management & Execution
• Executing of all regional events and meetings — including:
o Assisting researching appropriate venues for events and reporting on available dates and costs
o Coordinating of event vendors to ensure timely and correct delivery of services
o Preparing meeting materials such as: place cards, name tags, seating lists
o Creating committee and Board meeting materials and attend meetings to take minutes
• Assist in event management:
o Compiling mailing lists, timelines, agendas, scripts and invitations
o Coordinating Board members’ invitation lists
o Tracking event responses and reservations
• Helping create event publications: tribute journals, and advertisements
• Supporting post-event attendee and donor follow-up correspondence
• Arranging special missions – including, but not limited to, special venues, hotels, restaurants, transportation, etc.
• Submitting invoices to the national accounting and finance team and processing expense reports with appropriate backup by using our Concur expense system
• Depositing and tracking all donation and other checks on a daily basis
• Submitting donor coding forms daily
• Maintaining office filing and organizational systems
Special projects as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a non-profit or related experience is a must
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raisers Edge NXT or similar CRM donor management is required
• Knowledge of design applications for invitations such as Canva preferred
• Strong writing and internet research skills
AFHU offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to Medical and Dental Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403B Retirement Savings Plan, TransitChek Program, Employee Assistance Program as well as a generous time off/holiday policy.
To apply, please visit: https://afhu.applytojob.com/apply
EEO, AFHU is an equal opportunity employer.