The National Eczema Association (NEA) is dedicated to improving the health and quality of life for individuals with eczema by research, support, and education through patient conferences, fundraising walks, Eczema Awareness Month, nationwide support groups, print and online communications, research grant programs and a variety of advocacy initiatives.
The Development Director, based in the organization’s headquarters in San Rafael, CA, reports to the Chief Executive Officer and implements the 2018 Development Plan and will create a sustainable Development Plan to span the next 3-5 years, including the execution of a 30-year anniversary campaign in 2019.
• Develops and implements a comprehensive, multi-year Development Plan focused on fund giving and major donors to annually raise $1M
• Implements strategies and campaigns to grow the organization’s individual donor base through the solicitation of major gifts, general donations, grants, special events, foundation support, cultivation strategy and event management
• Works with executive and support staff to develop and implement cultivation strategies tied to NEA major donors and events
• Assists CEO with Board of Directors governance and recruitment; manages Board of Directors Development Committee
• Bachelor’s degree required or related experience
• Commitment to the mission, values, goals, and success of NEA
• Three-plus years of demonstrated success in Development with a nonprofit organization (national and/or health-organization experience a plus
• Experience with fundraising databases, Salesforce a plus
• Experience in expanding and cultivating donor relationships
Qualified candidates are invited to email their resume and cover letter with “Development Director” in the subject line to: NEAcareers@gmail.com.