Director of Development and Marketing
Village Enterprise’s Director of Development and Marketing will join a passionate and dedicated team. The position will manage the creation and implementation of Village Enterprise’s individual fundraising strategy focused on major gifts, and manage the creation and implementation of an integrated communication and marketing strategy to achieve all fundraising goals.
Village Enterprise’s Director of Development and Marketing will join a passionate and dedicated team. The position will manage the creation and implementation of Village Enterprise’s individual fundraising strategy focused on major gifts, and manage the creation and implementation of an integrated communication and marketing strategy to achieve all fundraising goals. For more information, please visit www.villageenterprise.org.
The Director of Development and Marketing reports directly to the Chief Development Officer. The position manages two staff, including the Development Manager and the Communication Associate. This position is a member of the leadership team.
- Work with the Chief Development Officer and Board Development Committee to design and execute fundraising initiatives targeting major gifts from individuals, including multi-year campaigns and annual giving.
- Manage a portfolio of high-potential medium, major, champion, leadership and visionary donors and prospects with a focus on securing gifts and pledges of $5,000 or more, while also leading fundraising campaigns to generate smaller individual gifts.
- Develop annual and long-term growth plans for individual donation revenue consistent with Village Enterprise’s strategic plan. Assess the success of fundraising strategies and provide clear, concise reports on results against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Lead in the planning and execution of donor-focused events including an annual donor appreciation event and donor activities planned around visiting field staff.
- In collaboration with the Board Development Committee, strategically engage board members, and other VE advocates in prospect identification, cultivation and solicitation.
- Oversee and grow the planned giving program.
- Represent VE at high-potential networking opportunities.
- Develop new strategies to identify and cultivate relationships with philanthropy advisors (DAFs), and private family foundations.
- Expand donor acquisition through mass individual channels by means of engaging campaigns, website optimization, partnerships, networks, media and events with a focus on ROI.
- Lead and steward the Village Enterprise brand as a means of broadening organizational awareness and increasing visibility with key stakeholder audiences.
- Create and execute public relations strategies to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-value external audiences, including media and key influencers.
- Develop and drive Village Enterprise’s digital communications and social media strategies.
- Establish and manage innovative marketing partnerships and networks to expand Village Enterprise’s brand awareness and drive new donor acquisition.
- Oversee development of all Village Enterprise marketing and communications collateral, including annual and Village Impact reports.
- Five plus years of experience developing successful, innovative and results-measured marketing campaigns in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Five plus years of progressively challenging development experience including track record in securing individual major gifts
- Three years of management level experience
- Excellent project management skills, including a strong track record of delivering projects on time and within budget
- Experience managing a major gifts portfolio
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to collaboration with a culturally and geographically diverse team.
- In-depth knowledge of current and emerging trends in marketing technology including web, SEM/SEO, email, donor/CRM databases, social and mobile media
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Strong analytic skills and experience working with marketing analytics tools
- A collaborative team mentality