Director of Institutional Giving
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: The Director of Institutional Giving is responsible for supporting Larkin Street’s annual fundraising goals by growing a portfolio of private institutional funders, including foundations, corporations, and civic and religious groups. This position is also responsible for supervising an Institutional Giving Manager who manages the grant renewal portfolio.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Design and lead an effective institutional fundraising plan that supports the ambitious revenue goal of the Development team.
• Identify new prospective institutional funders and develop and implement strategies to engage those donors.
• Cultivate relationships with new donors through meetings, site visits/tours, phone calls, and email.
• Represent Larkin Street at external events and speaking engagements, including networking events, panels, Lunch & Learns, and other community events.
• Position Core Team and Program Staff for success representing Larkin Street’s work to donors by providing talking points, data/statistics, and other preparation as appropriate.
Project Management (30%)
• Working closely with the Director of Communications, develop and ensure consistent messaging and content for external-facing fundraising materials.
• Lead and support the Institutional Giving Manager in all institutional fundraising efforts, including the development and review of LOIs, grant proposals, reports, and other funder deliverables.
• For significant grants and as needed, provide grant-writing support to the Institutional Giving Manager.
• Take the lead in planning and coordinating funder site visits.
Tracking / Other (10%)
• Regularly provide revenue and cash flow projections for the Finance and Core Teams.
• Document all fundraising efforts in Salesforce NPSP.
• Participate in staff meetings and trainings as required, including joining a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Work Group.
• Other duties as assigned.