Director of Philanthropy
CCST is seeking a Director of Philanthropy who will work closely with the Executive Director and CCST leadership team to lead CCST to its next level of major gift engagement throughout California. This position reports to the Executive Director and is located in Sacramento, though working remotely may be considered. This position requires travel in California.
- Identify cultivate, solicit and steward financial gifts of $25,000 or more with an emphasis on gifts of $100,000
- Create and implement strategy to complete $30MM endowment campaign.
- Create and implement strategy to create sustainable revenue streams.
- Work with Board members and other volunteers to advance the fundraising goals of the organization, including development of skills and management of prospects.
- Support, research and make recommendations to Executive Director and Board for potential new Board
- Maintain and advance portfolio of individual major gift prospects.
- Engage philanthropists and thought leaders through intimate gatherings to discuss science-informed policy.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward foundations for annual and multiyear gifts and grants, and sponsorships.
- Other duties as requested by the Executive Director.
- Ten years or more experience of progressively challenging fundraising positions
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree or advanced fundraising certification preferred
- Passion for the mission of CCST
- Demonstrated success operating in a multi-faceted fundraising organization with proven ability and success in identifying, cultivating and closing high-level donor gifts of $100,000+
- Experience working with high-net worth individuals and ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Experience presenting to and communicating with internal and external audiences including powerful industry, policy and philanthropy leaders
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to work as a team member within an established office structure
- Knowledge and implementation of fundraising and nonprofit best practices
- Recognized ability to meet multiple deadlines by maintaining a high level of organization while also remaining flexible
- Excellent strategy and problem-solving skills
- Planned giving experience required
- Superior written and verbal communication, active listening, and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge and use of database applications for moves management, reports and list segmentation. (CCST has just converted to Salesforce CRM.)
- Strong research, planning, analytical, problem solving and organization skills
- Understanding of California, Silicon Valley and San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles and other key California markets – their mindset and innovation culture
- Experience in a science-based organization is a plus
- Experience working in a policy-based organization is a plus
- Proficiency with CRM, Microsoft office; preferred experience with Asana, Slack
- Ability to travel throughout California
To apply for this position, or for additional information on the opportunity, please send a copy of your resume with a cover letter to Victoria Silverman at email@example.com.