Director of Philanthropy and Marketing
The Director will oversee PVF’s donor relations programs, activities and all fundraising initiatives. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing PVF’s fundraising campaigns, prospect research, donor stewardship, communicating with current and prospective donors, meeting with prospective and current donors, soliciting and securing contributions and building a stronger development team, all of which aim to build PVF’s visibility, impact, and financial resources. In addition, this position will serve as a key external relations representative of the organization and will work closely with the Board of Directors as they take on a more active fundraising role. The Director will join PVF at a critical juncture in its organizational history, as it works to grow its operations and fundraising efforts with the addition of a new ambulatory surgery center and renewed alumni network of ophthalmology residents, fellows and faculty.
Reporting Relationships: The Director of Philanthropy and Marketing reports to the Chief Executive Officer and manages one direct report as well as contracted resources.
- Design and execute a development plan across fundraising strategies that meets funding goals as set by the CEO and the PVF Board.
- Oversee the development and implementation of major donor and individual giving cultivation programs and create and implement a plan designed to increase annual giving support to the organization by fifty percent.
- Maintain and oversee institutional giving contractors (foundations and corporations), including reviewing and editing grant proposals and reports. Work with grant writer to create a grant forecast and pipeline reviewed regularly with senior leadership.
- Manage a portfolio of ten to twenty-five institutional giving prospects and a portfolio of 100 individual major gift prospects and donors.
- Identify new revenue opportunities.
- Oversee and manage major fundraising events, and plan and implement small donor-centric events.
- Create and maintain tools and systems that support development goals (PVF currently utilizes Windfall, Salesforce, MailChimp).
- Manage and mentor Philanthropy Officer and oversee fundraising and public relations/communications consultants.
- Lead, develop and implement the organization’s communications strategy including media, social media, web and print communications.
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree, CFRE or other advanced fundraising certification considered valuable
- Seven or more years of progressively challenging direct fundraising experience with proven results in annual fund, donor prospecting and cultivation, major gifts, capital campaign, planned giving, grant writing and restricted gift management
- Strong staff management skills
- Exceptional networker with strong ability to listen and interpret information, build rapport quickly, establish connections across people and industries • Experience in health care fundraising a plus
- High level of comfort with donor outreach and solicitation
- Experience developing and tracking budgets
- Experience with grant prospecting, writing, submission and reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication relevant to the needs of a nonprofit organization communicating with donors and the general public
- Strong proficiency with fundraising software; Salesforce experience preferred
- Proficiency with various wealth screening tools, mobile and text to give platforms
- Proven organizational and prioritization skills necessary to manage a small development office to achieve optimal results
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to function well as an independent worker and self-starter, team builder, problem-solver and strategic thinker
- Committed to and enthusiastic about PVF’s mission and values
TO APPLY To apply for this position, or for additional information on the opportunity, please send a copy of your resume with a cover letter to Victoria Silverman at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications and inquiries will receive a response and be kept strictly confidential.
Pacific Vision Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer