Director of Special Events, Corporate and In-Kind Donations
The Director of Special Events, Corporate & In-Kind Giving is responsible for the planning and execution of all designated special events and building and developing positive relationships with the goal of securing corporate and in-kind donations for HealthRIGHT 360. This position is part of the small, but mighty philanthropy team, and plays a crucial role in ensuring HeathRIGHT 360 meets ongoing program needs through donations and special events.
The Director of Special Events, Corporate & In-Kind Giving primary duties will be to cultivate and manage community, corporate and in-kind donor relationships in a fast paced setting. Excellent communication skills and attention to detail required.
- Donor Relationship Management Responsibilities: Cultivate relationships with donors to secure corporate and in-kind donations. Research and find new donors to secure donations for specific projects as well as on-going needs. Acknowledge all donations within 24 hours with personal outreach. Write and send all in-kind thank you letters promptly.
- Program Support Responsibilities: Review on-going facility needs and develop a pipeline of donors to accommodate needs. Coordinate with program directors and secure donations for special client events and holidays.
- Event Management Responsibilities: Coordinate with Philanthropy team, other staff and vendors to plan and implement agency-wide events. Specifically: Be the Change, Black Tie and Tie Dye, Celebrating Mothers, and Donor Cultivation events. Manage and cultivate relationships with committees associated with each event. Coordinate and lead meetings and communications with all committees.
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or five years work equivalent
- Demonstrated experience planning and implementing major events
- Demonstrated experience cultivating relationships and making asks
- Experience with Raisers Edge database management
- Experience with in-kind donation program