Donor Relations Specialist
The Donor Relations Specialist provides leadership and management of two major fundraising events, donor cultivation, special fundraising campaigns, and CCDC public relation materials.
Key responsibilities include database management, planning and analyzing cost-effective events, forming relationships with and soliciting event sponsors and donors, and coordinating and managing event sponsors, vendors, and volunteers. The Donor Relations Specialist works closely with other Resource Development staff and CCDC Board Members to identify donor prospects and ensure that proper cultivation and solicitation strategies are in place and implemented for events and other initiatives.
The Donor Relations Specialist reports to and works collaboratively with the Director of Resource Development. S/he supervises the Resource Development Associate and any temporary and volunteer staff.
General Job Responsibilities:
• Supervise the Resource Development Assistant
• Work closely with the Director of Development and other staff to identify new prospects; create solicitation materials and answer inquiries from CCDC staff and/or volunteers; develop and maintain great sponsor relationships
• Plan and execute major fundraising events, and lead the event sponsorship program for the: Anniversary Gala, Lunar New Year Luncheon, and donor holiday reception
• Oversee the development and production of public relations materials for the organization (including an annual newsletter, brochures, flyers, direct mail solicitations and reports)
• Participate in developing the department’s annual work plan and budget; assume and achieve fundraising revenue and expense goals as set forth in the annual budget
• Oversee maintenance of Raiser’s Edge database and donor reports
• Prepare appropriate mailing lists for various mailings
• Ensure the recording and acknowledgment of all individual and corporate donations
• Perform other administrative duties to support donor development
• Recruit volunteers for CCDC events and Resource Development projects, and supervise as needed
• Keep informed of current fundraising trends and marketing tools through workshops, publications, and other networking events
• Work in coordination with Fiscal staff to ensure accurate recording of donations and establishing new procedures when necessary
• Develop relationships and work across CCDC departments to create collaborative approaches to attracting new donors and retaining existing donors
• Keep abreast of organizational priorities and programs
• Assist as needed with grant proposal submissions and in-kind donation requests
• Be an ambassador for CCDC outside of the agency