The Event Coordinator leads the planning of 3rd party (external) and program (internal) events, will support the Senior Special Events Manager in the planning and implementation of Larkin Street’s fundraising events including the Paving the Way gala March 13, 2020 and The Bay Area CFO of the Year Awards June 4, 2020. This will include engaging with community members, data entry, gift processing, in-kind donation coordination and other administrative duties. The Event Coordinator must be available on the dates above and be prepared to work on occasional evenings and weekends to support the Development Team. This is not an entry-level position; some event planning experience is required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the registration process from start to finish for events with 450+ guests; includes tracking and managing RSVPs, guest meal choices and name badge production.
- Interface with corporate and community partners (3rd party) and provide logistic support to meet their needs.
- Provide support for in-kind donations; this includes interacting with volunteers, donors and program staff, and organizing donations. It may include heavy lifting.
- Provide administrative support by coordinating letters, emails and print mailings, following up with external partners, and payment processing, heavy
- data entry, filing and general office duties.
- Provide logistics support, and all other event-related duties, as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Attention to detail with strong customer service and follow through skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Some experience with event planning is essential.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite requires.
- Proficiency with SharePoint, Salesforce or Click & Pledge (app) knowledge a plus.
- Ability to multi-task, efficiently manage priority action items, and take initiative to fill in the gaps.
- A strong commitment to Larkin Street Youth Services.
- Knowledge that you have supported Larkin Street in its’ mission to provide a continuum of services that inspires homeless and runaway youth to move beyond the streets.
- Valuable fundraising, development, management, and non-profit experience.
- Competitive salary based on experience, plus benefits.
Larkin Street reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required
Larkin Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer.