The Events Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of a variety of events that engage the community in AbilityPath’s mission and raise more than $1.3 million annually. Events include a gala, speaker panel, golf tournament, community building events, donor recognition and stewardship, and social events for those we serve.
WHO WE ARE
We are a non-profit organization where we have been providing various programs and services for the lifespan of individuals with disabilities for the past 100 years! Our mission is to empower people with special needs to achieve their full potential through innovative, inclusive programs and community partnerships.
WHAT WE VALUE
- Passion for the mission
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Effective Communication thoughtfulness an ability to adapt
- Shared commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in creating a community where all members can thrive as their authentic self
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Prepare and maintain event timelines and task lists
- Coordinate and implement all event logistics
- Communicate effectively with sponsors, attendees, committee members, partners, and speakers
- Work with vendors to secure pricing and contracts
- Produce and manage event budgets including tracking revenue, expenses, and forecasts
- Collaborate with marketing team to develop print and digital collateral
- Prepare online fundraising/ticketing pages for events
- Solicit cash and in-kind donations to achieve event revenue and expense goals
- Recruit and train staff/volunteers for event support
- Support execution of events on Zoom
- Secure event photography, as appropriate, and maintain organization of photos
- Provide logistics support and prepare materials for open houses/tabling events
- Coordinate with development database associate to ensure accurate tracking of donor information and RSVPs
- Assist with mailings, invoicing, and donor correspondence
- Prepare post-event recaps for executive review
- Other duties as assigned
DIVERSITY EQUITY AND INCLUSION RESPONSIBILITES:
Advance AbilityPath’s mission through dedicated time to Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) efforts across the organization, including but not limited to self education, collaboration with peers, community members and partners to incorporate DEI learnings to shape program services.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abilitypath we support a healthy and balanced life, these benefits include:
- Up to 4 weeks PTO for full time staff and 10 paid holidays
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental benefits upon hire
- Educational reimbursement and ongoing professional development and growth opportunities
Our organization provides a well-rounded career experience, employee recognition and bonuses!
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and ability is qualifying, unless otherwise specified.
- B.A. degree preferred in applicable field
- Minimum of three (3) years of applicable work experience
- Valid California Driver’s License/ID
- Clean driving record (if applicable)
- Proof of negative TB test results
- Verification of physical clearance
- Passing a criminal fingerprint clearance
- 18 years of age or job permit clearance
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination or approved exemption for medical or religious reasons
Equal Employment Opportunity
AbilityPath is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available persons in every job. Our policy prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry (including language-use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license), citizenship, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, family care status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, legally protected medical condition, military or veteran status, or other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. AbilityPath will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination against, harassment of, or disrespectful or unprofessional conduct toward an employee based upon any of the protected characteristics listed above or based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.