Our mission is to promote the widespread cultivation of organic home vegetable gardens in food insecure communities to encourage healthier eating and address food insecurity in Silicon Valley.
Valley Verde is looking to hire a grant writer to provide the following fund development services on a contract basis.
A. Contract services include:
1. General research of potential foundation and corporate funders.
2. Work with executive director to shape proposals and asks.
3. Write all proposals, letters of intent and related communications.
4. Write all grant reports.
5. Work with executive director to develop and implement fund development strategies, create and maintain grant calendar.
B. Experience and skills desired:
1. 10 years of grant writing experience
2. Excellent writing and research skills
3. Critical thinking with the ability to understand when and when not to submit a proposal
4. Ability to meet deadlines
5. Enjoys working in a team environment with executive director
6. Believes in the possibility of making a positive impact in our community
VALLEY VERDE IS A SAN JOSE BASED 501c3 NONPROFIT
PLEASE EMAIL RESUME AND WRITING SAMPLES TO: