Institutional Giving Manager
The Institutional Giving Manager is responsible for ensuring institutional funders are inspired by GLIDE’s mission and vision and are actively engaged in funding the advancement of GLIDE’s goals. Under the direction of the Director, Institutional Partnerships, this person strengthens the Institutional Giving Program by stewarding current foundation funders, diversifying giving prospects through prospect research and cultivation, creating strategic and targeted proposals, letters of inquiry and reports to support programmatic and unrestricted funding.
The individual who will thrive in this position is a creative, driven, advancement professional, who truly values GLIDE’s mission and values. This person is expected to develop a strong understanding of GLIDE, its mission and values, actively participate in the ethos and culture of GLIDE, and maintain collaborative working relationships with Fund Development colleagues as well as with Program staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties can be assigned, and the duties and responsibilities of the job are subject to change without notice.
• Under the direction of the Director, Institutional Partnerships, help develop annual strategy, plan and implement GLIDE’s foundation giving program, and manage donor activities.
• Build and strengthen relationships with an assigned portfolio of foundation officers to increase likelihood of obtaining and maintaining funding, including developing and implementing donor stewardship and cultivation strategies and activities;
• Research grant opportunities from various sources that match the goals and objectives of the organization;
• In collaboration with Grant Writer and independently, coordinate and write grant proposals, related budgets, letters of inquiry, and reports for foundation grants;
• Develop foundation donor and prospect briefings to support GLIDE Leadership and Board Members in approaching, developing, and maintaining key institutional funding relationships;
• Participate in data collection for all grant applications including those submitted by others. Oversee all records related to funded grants and maintenance of a detailed grants calendar;
• Collect, process and maintain foundation donor and prospect information as well as all contacts, stewardship activities, proposals, and gifts in Salesforce