|Code for America believes government can work for the people, by the people, in the 21st century. Since 2011, we’ve worked with thousands of tech industry professionals to help hundreds of governments take a user-centered, iterative, and data-driven approach to solving problems. We believe that government services can and should be as good as the best consumer services: simple, accessible, and easy to use. And when they are, we spend less, get better outcomes, and serve everyone with dignity and respect.
We’re looking for an experienced and passionate fundraiser to join a fast-paced, mission-driven organization to help secure millions of dollars of philanthropic revenue. You’ll report to the Senior Director of Institutional Partnerships and work with a strong Development team to accomplish ambitious goals.
This is an incredible opportunity for an early to mid-career fundraiser to manage and implement grant reporting, proposal, and prospect researching processes; grow and refine your fundraising skills; and make a meaningful contribution to an organization making a real difference in people’s lives.
In this position you will:
- Work with a talented team raising millions of dollars in order to help government work for the people who need it most.
- Manage Code for America’s grant reporting and proposal process including coordination with internal stakeholders; timeline creation and deadline management; data gathering and content writing; and gathering/creation of supporting materials.
- Coordinate with marketing to create and keep key fundraising materials relevant (e.g. decks, briefs, one-pagers)
- Manage research and prospecting process by identifying and tracking potential funders, researching and writing briefs, tracking trends and activities via social media and industry publications
- Manage grant in-take process
- Create and manage calendar of funder check-ins and touchpoints
- Manage all data, ensuring it is accurate and up-to-date
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3+ years institutional fundraising experience
- Proven grant report and proposal writing skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong process and project execution skills
- Highly organized with careful attention to detail
- Must be flexible and adaptable, and able to juggle competing priorities and last-minute deadlines
- Demonstrated success in building strong relationships across teams and working collaboratively and thoughtfully
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with high standards of excellence
- Experience with Salesforce is desirable