Major Gifts and Research Coordinator
The Major Gifts & Research Coordinator reports to the Director of Development and plays a critical role in increasing individual donor engagement in SFJAZZ programs and our mission. They are responsible for a variety of prospect research and major gift activities that increase the major gifts pipeline. Key areas of emphasis include identifying and qualifying prospects, estimating financial and philanthropic capacity, assessing organizational affinity, and pinpointing institutional and professional linkages. Additional responsibilities include supporting the major gifts team (Donor Engagement Director, Individual Giving Director, CEO, and Executive Artistic Director) through report generation, donor relations, event production, gift processing, and other administrative duties.
As a successful team member in this role, you will bring a passion for quantitative data analysis and thorough organization of information, a mature understanding of personal and professional networking, and a natural inclination to identify and apply creative research techniques that enable our fundraisers to gain insights on our community and make key strategic decisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Coordinate and provide administrative support for fundraising staff including: individual and institutional prospect research, list management, Tessitura database records upkeep, direct mailings execution, donor benefits/recognition fulfillment, and other functions as needed to support major and planned gifts fundraising.
● Assist and support Board of Trustees committees in researching and tracking prospect pipelines, action steps, and other fundraising activities.
● Manage the creation, tracking, and reporting of detailed major and planned gift cultivation and solicitation moves management strategies, and corresponding plans.
● Qualify prospects through quantitative analysis utilizing customer databases, available financial data, and other resources available publicly or through subscription.
● Write confidential individual and institutional prospect profiles and briefings to prepare fundraisers for visits, events, and solicitations.
● Conduct, analyze, report, and present varying levels of research to support individual and institutional prospect identification, rating, and qualification for the annual fund, education programs, endowment, and planned giving.
● Maintain and develop administrative systems, including solicitation, acknowledgment, and stewardship materials, for planned giving, Legacy Circle, and endowment programs.
● Review on and offline media for new donor/funder prospects as well as information pertinent to current individual and institutional prospects, donors/funders, giving trends, and individual, foundation, and corporate philanthropy.
● Stay current with new resources and technologies relevant to prospect research.
● Coordinate individual and institutional prospect research requests and maintain procedures for review.
● Serve as Development team specialist in all prospect research needs including, but not limited to recording research in donor database, hard files, and the share drive, SFJAZZ’s prospect management systems, providing the team with training, guidelines, and standard operating policies.
● Conduct, report, and present research on SFJAZZ rental clients.
● Provide customer service to Trustees, Leaders Circle, and Planned Giving donors as needed.
● This list of duties and responsibilities is not to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications must be accompanied by a proper cover letter to be considered. Resumes will be accepted until position filled.