Major Gifts Manager
Worldreader seeks an action-oriented and optimistic fundraising professional with a love for donor stewardship and a proven track record of building relationships. The Major Gifts Manager will support the Development team to raise the determined annual targets. The position is responsible for growing and managing a significant portfolio of prospects and moving them from qualification through to close. In addition, he/she will create the process and manage Worldreader’s sponsored school/library program. The position, based in San Francisco, will report to the Director of Development, and on a day-to-day basis will support the Director of Major Gifts (in San Francisco) and the Senior Manager of Development (in London).
- Secure major gifts at the 5 to 7 figure level with the goal of achieving annual targets.
- Manage an existing portfolio of donors and prospects.
- Make direct, face-to-face solicitations, and assist the board and other staff with their solicitations (e.g. provide portfolio development support, strategic counsel, and help with donor communications).
- Design and manage cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of Worldreader’s global sponsorship program.
- Collaborate with the development team to align efforts and set goals.
- Create and implement moves management plans inclusive of , proposal writing, and manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects.
- Help create and implement an effective donor stewardship process and acknowledge major donors through public and private recognition.
- Minimum of five years of directly related experience.
- Demonstrated track record of closing individual donors in the $5K-$50K range.
- Experience developing and growing individual donor programs in international development (preferably in education, reading, or literacy)
- Experience establishing goals, structures, and processes necessary to implement a mission and strategic vision.
- A self-starter and capable of achieving with minimal guidance.
- Proven ability to manage many projects and competing priorities at once. Excellent English and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter and resume
- Formatted proposal sample
- Individual donor communication sample