Vice President of Strategic Partnerships
This is a unique, newly created opportunity to strengthen and deliver a visionary, cohesive, and forward looking fund development, external partnerships, and marcom (marketing and communications) strategy at Marin County’s official anti-poverty agency.
The CEO seeks a thought partner – a strategic and savvy professional capable of analytical and critical thinking and with a strong knowledge base of best practices in the advancement field.
The position reports directly to the CEO and manages a team of three talented development/communications staff in addition to selected contracted resources. The VP of Strategic Partnerships will serve on the Executive Team alongside six senior colleagues.
• In concert with the CEO senior staff and the Director of Development, develop and implement an innovative and comprehensive partnership strategy to include corporations, individuals/major gifts, foundations, and community partners across government, community-based organizations, and other sectors
• Lead and mentor a team of staff and contracted resources to develop, strengthen, and deliver annual fundraising, marketing and communication plans and targets, as well as online advocacy campaigns that generate visibility and contribute to the agency’s online funnel for revenue growth
• Manage, deepen engagement and advance a prospect pool of major gifts donors and partners
• Engage with the Board of Directors and volunteers to encourage and advance their philanthropic activities
• Facilitate impact reporting for individual gifts
• Enhance and deepen the donor’s or prospect’s engagement with Community Action Marin
• Ensure accurate record keeping and documentation of estates and planed gifts in Raisers Edge database
• Conceive of and actively strengthen core partnership and fundraising campaigns, including events, that increase visibility, engagement, and outcomes
• Working with the Director of Development and CEO, assist with donor outreach, engagement and planned giving related events or activities
• Grow planned giving and develop processes to review trusts, wills, and other estate documents when they are received, and identify and report areas of importance to the agency, as needed.
• Lead on the agency’s annual report and impact report; develop other key collateral to meet strategic fund development objectives.
• Work with the marketing/communications team to strategically align the agency’s digital advocacy campaigns with growth and mission-oriented targets
• Actively use research and data to create and execute advancement strategies that position the agency ahead of major funding changes or trends
• Partner with Finance on budgeting and projections/forecasting as well as RENXT /FENT processes, reconciliation, and reporting to align with audit and compliance standards;
• Regularly represent Community Action Marin and opportunities to connect the agency to the broader community across key stakeholder groups
• Monitor and report regularly to the CEO and Board on the progress of the fund development program against key metrics–establish key metrics and accountabilities for the development/marcom team.
• Effectively represent and articulate the work of Community Action Marin, and present a compelling case for support of the organization
• Dynamically participate on the agency’s Executive Team and Leadership Team to strengthen agency strategic objectives and outcomes
• Other duties as assigned or realized
• Ten plus years of experience in fund development or business development with demonstrated success in donor/partner management and strategy and innovative partner and donor engagement efforts
• Evidence of successful partnerships across stakeholder groups and/or geographies to scale impact.
• Excellent presentation skills – both written and in-person
• Capable of leading with composure, flexibility, and efficiency
• Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising, marcom, and advocacy initiatives
• Self-awareness and an ability to speak to the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion personally, professionally, and within the philanthropic landscape
• Solid understanding of philanthropy best practices and ethical fundraising
• Passion for non-profit innovation, specifically as it relates to advancement and development
• Active presence and engagement in the broader community
• Solid team manager, with track record of building thriving, accountable, and cohesive teams
• Commitment to and sincere passion for the agency’s mission and its programs
SALARY OR SALARY RANGE
The salary range for this position is $150,000 to $170,000 plus full benefits.
To apply for this position, or for additional information on the opportunity, please send a copy of your resume with a cover letter to Victoria Silverman at firstname.lastname@example.org .
All applications and inquiries will receive a response and be kept strictly confidential. Community Action Marin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.