Develop your donor cultivation skills and help us grow with this new position. Front Porch Communities Foundation supporters care about people living vibrant lives – in Front Porch retirement communities, affordable housing communities, and community services programs for older adults.
Under the direction of the Foundation Philanthropy Officer, the Associate Philanthropy Officer plays an integral role in supporting our mission to strengthen and advance an organization-wide philanthropic culture. This position plays a key role in donor cultivation, stewardship and event planning, and fundraising communications to help reach targeted donor engagement goals in Northern California.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Donor Cultivation & Stewardship:
- Work in partnership with a Philanthropy Officer to build relationships with donors and prospects and conduct targeted outreach activities to reach philanthropy engagement and support goals.
- Play a key role in welcoming new retirement community residents, introducing the Foundation, exploring their interests and philanthropic potential, and identifying next steps to engage their interest and support.
- Facilitate donor cultivation touchpoints, including written and phone contacts (such as birthday cards, holiday cards, gift thank you notes/calls).
- Play a key role in planning and producing educational and fundraising efforts, including events (such as newcomer coffees, donor receptions), planned gift education efforts, appeals and other activities.
- Assist in maintaining accurate prospect and donor information and contacts in the fundraising database.
- Curate community donor honor rolls and literature racks.
- Collaborate with the Foundation team to identify and produce content for distribution in print, digital, social and electronic formats.
- Collaborate with the Foundation team on events and special projects, playing a key role in coordinating resident events and presentations. Serve as lead liaison for assigned communities in finalizing arrangements, coordinating invitations, managing RSVPs, and connecting with community staff and external partners.
- Work with the Foundation team, Board members and other staff to identify and solicit sponsors / underwriters for financial and in-kind support.
- Develop relationships with staff, community members and other constituencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong commitment to Front Porch mission of inspiring and building community, cultivating meaningful relationships and experiences that respond creatively to changing needs.
- Professional demeanor with strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Initiative and independence in carrying out responsibilities.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) programs and other software tools.
- Working knowledge of fundraising databases preferred.
- Ability to sit, stand, stoop, reach, lift (up to 10 pounds), bend, etc., hand and wrist dexterity to utilize computer.
- Will require travel to assigned region of the time, and attend numerous external meetings, events and special functions, including night and weekend work.
Environmental Conditions Critical to Performance
- Work is performed in an external environment the majority of the time. Administrative work will be performed in an office environment.
- Will have exposure to outside environments while traveling and conducting business at outdoor events.
- Manage inventory of collateral, promotional items and equipment.
- Coordinate with contractors/vendors as needed.
Education, Experience and Requirements
- Associates degree required with a Bachelor’s degree highly desirable.
- A minimum of three years’ related professional experience, preferably in nonprofit development environment highly desirable.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Katharine Miller, Executive Director
Front Porch Communities Foundation
800 N. Brand Blvd, 19th Fl
Glendale CA 91203