EBALDC’s Resource Development and Communications (RDC) Department leads the organization’s efforts to raise nearly a third of EBALDC’s budget (FY 2022: $4.5M of $14M), and is the organization’s storyteller. RDC is also tasked to raise in additional $10M over the next three years to support EBALDC’s real estate development projects and overall operations.
The Development Associate has a diverse set of responsibilities to assist in RDC’s daily fundraising and communications to support EBALDC’s vision of an Oakland and East Bay where everyone has a place to not only call home, but to thrive. In a collaborative effort with the RDC team, the Associate will play a key role in ensuring an efficient system of processes for honor acknowledgment and gift processing, management of the Salesforce database, liaising with the Finance department to maintain records accurately, and grant calendar management are among the primary foci of this position.
To ensure our supporters are updated around our efforts, the Associate is also responsible to ensuring our list is up to date and provide support in the creation and execution of a variety of communications to supporters, including newsletters, social media, appeal letters, and thank you letters.
Performing a range of skilled administrative duties, the Associate serves as the department’s administrative support role, as well as supports all events of the department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the the department in designing and implementing fundraising strategies across the organization, ability to proactively give feedback and input for the team
- Maintain accuracy and integrity of Salesforce donor database and generate all necessary reports, data visualization, and information, including ongoing data entry of new and potential supporters. Work closely with the Information Systems Manager to update Salesforce as needed
- Support the management of a grants calendar that includes communications with funders, and the renewal of funding requests on an annual basis.
- Timely ongoing creation of reports, forms, and data for supervisors, and as needed by other departments
- Provide training on RDC Salesforce and related forms, including grant request and summary forms, to new staff and/or when updated
- Timely reconciliation of grant payments with the Finance/Accounting department
- Support the Grants Manager and program staff in the preparation of and submission of grant applications and reports
- Support grant prospecting/research
- Support RDC staff and consultants with cross-departmental communications and documentation as needed. This may come in the form of culling information from EBALDC’s departments for different types of reports, newsletters, and mailings etc. as needed
- Prepare timely acknowledgement letters and other correspondence
- Support EBALDC staff in executing donor cultivation and program-related events, such as EBALDC’s Gala Celebration, Grand Openings and Volunteer Appreciation events
- Coordinate mailings including direct mail appeals, invite mails, newsletter mailings in coordination with RDC staff
- Provide administrative support for the Resource Development team, and assistance on a regular basis to the EVP and Director of RDC (i.e. Inputting invoices, submitting receipts, compiling site visit packets for staff, note-taking and booking travel etc.)
- Help coordinate the creation and execution of external print and electronic communications including fundraising appeals and newsletters
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- At least one year of experience in nonprofit fundraising or equivalent
- Demonstrated professional writing and editing skills, preferably related to grants
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with or knowledge of data literacy especially preferred
- Knowledge of development principles
- Proof of experience with program and database knowledge and savviness, especially with CRM platforms (i.e. Customer Relationship Management)
- Strong computer and database knowledge, including proven experience with Salesforce and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Comfortable with the formatting and transforming data in Excel or Google Sheets
Mail merge experience preferred
- Data visualization and basic graphic design skills preferred (Adobe suite, Canva, Tableau)
- Excellent written and oral English language communications skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to project manage multiple tasks under deadline pressure
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative setting
- Ability to calendar important tasks for self and team in a timely manner
- Ability to motivate and maintain effective working relationships with staff and volunteers from diverse cultures at all organizational levels.
- Must work well in and navigate communication with diverse teams
- A can-do attitude with a growth mindset
- Valid California driver’s license desired
Essential functions of the position require the employee to use a telephone, work at a standard computer terminal and be able to follow reasonable ergonomic recommendations, sit for long periods of time, repetitive motions, stand, reach, lift and carry 20 pounds, and bend.
Benefits and Other Information:
See salary information. Coordinator-level position available for overqualified candidates.
EBALDC offers excellent benefit. EBALDC pays up to 100% of employee premiums and 60% of dependent premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD and Life, EAP, Retirement, Paid Time Off, CA Paid Sick Leave, Holidays and Wellness Days off for all eligible employees.
**All candidates will be subject to a background check and COVID-19 Vaccination is required as a condition of employment**
Please DO NOT call
EBALDC is an EOE/AA Employer
Non Exempt Position, $57,595.20 - $71,468.80/yr.