Cancer Support Community provides comprehensive psychosocial care and integrative therapies for cancer patients, survivors and their families. We are one of the largest direct service cancer support organizations in North America, serving over 2,000 people annually, all at no charge. For more information about Cancer Support Community.
The Development Associate will be responsible for data management, special event support, and other administrative support for Cancer Support Community’s fund development efforts. The Development Associate also helps produce the organization’s signature events — Hope Walk, Golf Classic, and Gala — as well as a variety of community events sponsored by other organizations. In addition, there are opportunities to represent Cancer Support Community at community events, manage volunteers, and interact with clients served.
This is a full-time hourly, nonexempt position. It reports directly to the Donor Engagement Manager and works closely with the Chief Executive Officer and Development staff. Occasional evening and weekend hours will be required. Compensation for the position includes generous paid time off and employer contributions to health
insurance and a 401(k) plan.
- Deposit checks into bank account via remote deposit.
- Enter donation and donor information into database.
- Produce and manage donor acknowledgement correspondence.
- Produce reports from database to assist with fundraising strategies.
- Assist with database implementations and enhancements.
- Provide support to plan and produce fundraising events.
- Represent Cancer Support Community publicly at events and fairs.
- Manage volunteers and volunteer projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A passion for the mission of Cancer Support Community.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong experience in database entry and report generation.
- Familiarity with development databases (e.g. CRM systems, Network for Good or Neon One) preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with multiple colleagues in a mission-based environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or at least 3 years of experience.
$47,000 - 54,000