NOTE: The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) has issued new requirements for health care and congregant care facilities to decrease the risk of COVID-19 outbreaks. Based on the CDPH public health mandate, all candidates for positions at Edgewood Center must provide proof of vaccination. Edgewood Center will consider applicants with ADA and Title VII exemptions on a case-by-case basis.
We are responsible for engaging private, public, and corporate donor relationships and supporters through philanthropic communications and advocacy; in the service of the clients of Edgewood Center for Children and Families.
Under the direction of the Director of Advancement, the Manager of Philanthropic Services is responsible for engaging individuals, corporate and community groups, strengthening community support, and recruiting, retaining, and cultivating all agency volunteers. Responsible for stewarding individuals, corporate, and community members into long-term donors. Coordinates events, including Edgewood Fair, Corporate Breakfast, Lunch & Learn series, and 12K run. Development, management, and oversight of the Young Professionals Network. Collaborates with team to manage Edgewood collateral, social media platforms, and organization website.
- The ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with various constituencies.
- Organizes multiple and detailed projects.
- Ability to communicate a clear and urgent message for funding.
- Possesses a drive to achieve fundraising matrices.
- Ability to collaborate across regions/programs, understand mental health/community needs, and utilize database system. Ability to liaison with Exec leadership and BOD.
Community and Corporate Contributions
- Identify, engage, and solicit current and prospective individuals, corporations, and community groups.
- Working with the Marketing and Communications Coordinator and/or Director of Advancement, coordinate Edgewood’s corporate giving program and establish revenue growth goals.
- Continue to maintain relations with current corporate partners.
- Manage the Corporate Volunteer Program (CVP) to grow corporate volunteerism through Corporate Impact Days (CIDs), corporate sponsorships activities, and corporate matching gift programs.
- Work closely with Advancement Associate to develop and manage a donor acquisition program from the corporate volunteers to increase direct donations and matching gifts.
- Enter and ensure accuracy of RE database and RENxt entries related to gifts from assigned donors and/or prospects, corporate volunteer activities, and other prospective or actual donor involvement.
- Coordinate our Young Professionals Network.
- Ability to speak eloquently about Edgewood’s mission and to engage corporate volunteers and donors.
Volunteer and Community Contributions
- Serve as staff liaison to Edgewood Auxiliary as it relates to the Edgewood Fair. Support Edgewood Auxiliary, when possible, in community events benefitting Edgewood.
Provide campus tours to donors and volunteers; as needed.
- Liaison to community, church, and school groups fundraising on Edgewood’s behalf or otherwise providing awareness and educational opportunities on behalf of Edgewood to community organizations.
- Develop a robust speaking schedule for community groups throughout the Bay Area and San Mateo County (a minimum of 8 per fiscal year) and develop a system for donor acquisition.
- Partner with HR to strategically standardize and grow the volunteer program. Provide corporate or community volunteers to support San Francisco and San Mateo program events when possible. Continue to build strong volunteer relationships with community and corporate partners. Provide volunteer orientations as needed.
- Manage all aspects of Breakfast and Dinner Clubs for corporate and community volunteer groups.
- Maintain relevant volunteer information as it relates to Edgewood.org and Edgewood collateral.
- Provide the Director of Advancement with accurate, written, and timely reports of all assigned activities and/or projects.
- Develop strategies to increase annual fundraising goals incrementally.
- Partner with the Director of Advancement to identify individual, corporate, and family prospects and/or donors.
- Development, recruitment, and management of the Young Professional Network.
- Coordinate annual Holiday Gift Drive.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least five years’ work experience performing relevant fundraising activities and volunteer management with strong knowledge of corporate sector funding opportunities.
- BA or BS from an accredited institution.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and verbal skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; high standards of integrity, judgment, and confidentiality.
- High level of comfort making contact with internal and external clients.
- Highly motivated, independent, self-starting, and committed.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, projects, and priorities under deadlines and work under pressure.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office and familiarity with donor database management systems (Raiser’s Edge or similar).
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision and accept responsibility and accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and mentor volunteers as appropriate.
- Preferred familiarity with Edgewood and our operations.
$75,000 to $82,000