- $80k – $90k Salary + benefits
- Chance to be a key part of a close, confident, smart team at a time of major growth
- Work for a visionary social impact organization that connects the dots between food, health, and the environment
- Hybrid position (remote until 2023) + chance to travel (15-25%)
The Charlie Cart Project is looking for a Member Relations Manager (MRM) to grow, develop, and nurture their national network of Charlie Cart sites.
This newly created position is dedicated to managing the sales of the Charlie Cart mobile kitchen and curriculum, and ensuring successful program implementation and continuous community impact with the goal of expanding their network of food educators and advocates to improve health outcomes for youth.
The MRM is responsible for generating ~$1,000,000 in annual revenue via the sales of the Charlie Cart mobile kitchen and curriculum and will be tasked to grow that income by 15% over the next few years.
In this key customer-facing role, the MRM serves as the first point of contact for the Charlie Cart Project and maintains relationships with Charlie Cart’s complete membership network. Using core sales and collaboration skills, the MRM will identify and recruit new members through inbound lead follow-up and outbound outreach, building marketing tools to help steward new customers from interest to contracts, shipping, fulfillment, training, and ongoing engagement.
Data management and consistent communication is vital to understanding impact and how best to improve and grow the program. The MRM combines a systematic, data-driven approach with customer-centric marketing and communications plans to track customer information, increase program effectiveness, and keep all members active, engaged, and supported.
The ideal candidate has robust sales operations and client management experience with natural relationship-building skills, a thorough understanding of the marketing mix, a passion for helping customers succeed, and motivation to work in a social-impact environment.
This is an exciting role for a candidate looking for a growth opportunity and wants to bring their team spirit and entrepreneurial drive to an organization that is well-respected and building momentum nationally.
This is a full-time, salaried position, reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with the Director of Program. The Charlie Cart Project is based in Berkeley, CA. All staff are currently working remotely with plans to return to regular in-person meetings in 2023. Bay Area candidates strongly preferred.
Sales and Network Growth
- Lead all sales activities for the organization in line with strategic goals
- Develop and implement an end-to-end sales strategy, work plan, and budget
- Manage member relationship throughout entire sales process
- Manage high-level relationships with organizations, including schools, school districts, libraries, food banks and city leaders to support network growth
- In partnership with CCP leadership, source, cultivate, negotiate, and close sales in key markets
- Develop network pipeline and field and respond to all sales-related inquiries
- Issue customer invoices and track AP for sales in concert with CCP financial processes and team
- Communicate across teams to ensure timely shipment and delivery of products
- Work with manufacturing lead to trigger and track shipment
- Communicate shipping information to members and follow up upon receipt of cart
- Manage member services for all fulfillment related processes and warranty requests
Network Member Onboarding and Engagement
- Manage all aspects of member relationships from initial contact to onboarding and ongoing engagement
- Field and respond to existing member inquiries, forwarding to program staff as appropriate
- Communicate onboarding schedule to new members and follow up to ensure participation
- Create and lead effective engagement and communications strategy with potential network members: host information sessions, create sales/marketing materials and presentations
- Develop communications plan and work with team to develop templated marketing materials to support member onboarding, and keep members informed, trained, educated, and engaged
- Calendar and distribute program announcements, reminders, and newsletters (drafted by Program team)
- Manage outgoing communications to network via MailChimp or CRM database
Data Management & Reporting
- Working with the Executive Director, develop and manage systems to track member engagement at all levels, including:
- Manage and update CRM daily with new sites, inquiries, and constituent details, including member information, product serial numbers, shipping and delivery information, and member engagement including program participation
- Regularly communicate sales updates to CCP staff to ensure inventory forecasts align with sales forecasts and commitments to our members
- Create, analyze, and systematize data reports to inform the sales process and provide information about our existing network and future pipeline
- Track trends and provide data insights to increase efficiency and keep the team informed
- Produce reports as requested by program and fundraising staff
REQUIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 3+ years of customer sales, account management or sales enablement experience strongly preferred, experience with public institution sales a plus
- Experience managing networks, partnerships or membership programs strongly preferred; experience working in a nonprofit environment a plus
- High proficiency managing data in a CRM system; experience with Salesforce a plus
- Strong data, organizational, and people skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communicator with the ability to pitch and present clearly and confidently
- Friendly, emotionally mature team player who combines a strong work ethic with a sense of humor
- Self-starter and proactive problem-solver with an eye for improving effectiveness of systems and processes
- Able to work well with a diverse workforce and customer base, confident managing customer expectations and escalating issues to supervisors
- Ability to work flexibly and independently in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines
- High proficiency with Excel/Google Sheets; experience with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Mailchimp, and a general willingness to adopt new software
- Commitment to the mission and goals of The Charlie Cart Project
- Ability and availability to travel for work as required (potentially 15 – 25%)
SALARY, BENEFITS & REQUIREMENTS
The salary range for this position is $80,000 to $90,000 plus benefits.
To demonstrate our commitment to equity and equal pay for all, Cook Silverman Search posts salary ranges on all its job descriptions. The practice of not posting salaries perpetuates the gender wage gap and discriminates against people of color by causing individuals to negotiate from a disadvantaged starting point.
This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits including health, dental, vision insurance, flexible hours, and generous paid vacation.
Work is currently remote with return to regularly scheduled in-person meetings in 2023. Bay Area-based candidates strongly preferred.