Our Programs and Events
Whether you are new to the field and want to learn the basics, or are more seasoned and wish to deepen your knowledge and troubleshoot challenges with your peers, DER has something that is right for you. Every month, DER delivers innovative and affordable fundraising education and networking events that are specifically designed to meet the needs of today’s development professional.
We offer multiple ways for you to learn and connect with your community.
- Monthly Luncheons At these individual speaker or panel events you’ll hear from experts in the field and stay up-to-date on the latest industry trends. You’ll also have the opportunity to meet and mingle with your fundraising colleagues and other nonprofit professionals. Luncheons are typically held on second Fridays and lunch is served!
- Roundtables An expert-guided peer learning and discussion session that affords each individual the opportunity to participate in a small group (25-40 people) setting.
- Workshops Groups of various sizes engage in a structured, interactive learning experience where participants leave with a plan or “work product” for implementation.
- Hank Rosso Forum Every other fall, DER partners with the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Golden Gate Chapter to present the Hank Rosso Forum in honor of DER’s founder and the author of Achieving Excellence in Fundraising. At this half-day event, participants take a deep dive into the opportunities, challenges, and latest trends facing today’s fundraisers. An afternoon of panel discussions and speakers is followed by an intimate networking reception and delicious hors d’oeuvres.
The topics covered in our events typically include major gifts, corporate and foundation grants, donor prospecting, appeals and stewardship, measuring impact, working with boards, and more. Development professionals who participate in the CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executives) program can earn continuing education points at qualifying DER events. We provide all the information you’ll need to keep track of your progress.
We are always looking for speakers who have expertise on a topic or a success or learning experience to share. If you would like to suggest a program idea or volunteer to speak at a DER event, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HANK ROSSO FORUM – OCTOBER 3, 2019
Can Your .Org Make It in a # World? While nonprofits compete for major gifts to advance our organizations, today’s emerging donors want to engage with broad, collaborative movements that have the power to solve society’s most urgent problems. The 2019 Hank Rosso Forum will explore this theme and help you discover what it takes to become a change agent for 21st-century philanthropy.
- Check-in starts at 1:30 at the Bank of America Auditorium – 555 California Street, San Francisco.
- The program starts at 2:00 and ends at 5:30.
- A reception will follow across the street at the Omni Hotel – 500 California Street.
August 9th Luncheon
WHAT IS THE STORY YOUR FINANCIALS ARE TELLING YOUR DONORS?
Harmon Burstyn, CPA
Registration closes Wednesday, August 7th, at noon.
About Our Speaker
Harmon Burstyn specializes in nonprofit tax compliance. His practice serves only the nonprofit sector with clients ranging in size from $0 (yes, zero) to $10 million in revenues. In 2019 he launched “EZ Route 990,” a nonprofit itself that prepares the Form 990-EZ for nonprofits FREE of charge. Harmon also assists clients with policies & procedures, preparing for an audit, and improving financial reporting. Prior positions were auditor with Deloitte, controller at Beach Blanket Babylon, and a headhunter for CPAs.