Our Programs and Events
Whether you are new to the field and want to learn the basics, or are more seasoned and wish to deepen your knowledge and troubleshoot challenges with your peers, DER has something that is right for you. Every month, DER delivers innovative and affordable fundraising education and networking events that are specifically designed to meet the needs of today’s development professional.
We offer multiple ways for you to learn and connect with your community.
- Monthly Luncheons At these individual speaker or panel events you’ll hear from experts in the field and stay up-to-date on the latest industry trends. You’ll also have the opportunity to meet and mingle with your fundraising colleagues and other nonprofit professionals. Luncheons are typically held on second Fridays and lunch is served!
- Roundtables An expert-guided peer learning and discussion session that affords each individual the opportunity to participate in a small group (25-40 people) setting.
- Workshops Groups of various sizes engage in a structured, interactive learning experience where participants leave with a plan or “work product” for implementation.
- Hank Rosso Forum Every other fall, DER partners with the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Golden Gate Chapter to present the Hank Rosso Forum in honor of DER’s founder and the author of Achieving Excellence in Fundraising. At this half-day event, participants take a deep dive into the opportunities, challenges, and latest trends facing today’s fundraisers. An afternoon of panel discussions and speakers is followed by an intimate networking reception and delicious hors d’oeuvres.
The topics covered in our events typically include major gifts, corporate and foundation grants, donor prospecting, appeals and stewardship, measuring impact, working with boards, and more. Development professionals who participate in the CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executives) program can earn continuing education points at qualifying DER events. We provide all the information you’ll need to keep track of your progress.
We are always looking for speakers who have expertise on a topic or a success or learning experience to share. If you would like to suggest a program idea or volunteer to speak at a DER event, send an email to email@example.com.
HANK ROSSO FORUM – OCTOBER 3, 2019
Join us for the Hank Rosso Forum this Fall, a half-day event to take a deep dive into the opportunities, challenges, and latest trends facing today’s fundraisers. An afternoon of panel discussions and speakers is followed by an intimate networking reception.
- Check-in starts at 1:30 at the Bank of America Auditorium – 555 California Street, San Francisco.
- The program starts at 2:00 and ends at 5:30.
- A reception will follow across the street at the Omni Hotel – 500 California Street.
- Details for registration coming in the Summer.
May 17th Luncheon
Troy Arnold — Director of Development & Communications, San Francisco Education Fund
Registration closes Wednesday, May 15th, at noon.
About Our Speaker
Troy Arnold is the Director of Development and Communications for the San Francisco Education Fund, a $2.5 million nonprofit focused on helping San Francisco’s public school students succeed. He has previously offered Development Planning workshops at AFP’s Fundraising Day conferences and designed numerous development plans as a staff member and as an independent consultant. Troy has more than 20 years of development experience serving local and national organizations. He is a member of the DER board and serves as the Program Committee chair.